Refuse Drop Box Service
Pierce County Refuse offers 20, 30 and 40 cubic yard drop boxes for refuse
hauling. Drop boxes are for large amounts of garbage, construction, etc. To
order a drop box or get more information please call our drop box department
at 253-536-4413 or 253-536-4412.
Below is a list of basic service information:
• Containers are usually delivered 1-3 working days after the order
• There can be no hot ashes, petroleum products (or car parts that
contain petroleum products), insecticides, corrosive materials (ex. car batteries),
liquids or other hazardous wastes. Appliances and tires may have additional
• We only bill drop boxes once a month. Since we bill after the fact
we bill at the beginning of the month for service provided in the previous
• Drop boxes require open access to be emptied. Please do not block.
• There will be a charge for a return trip.
• We are unable to take extra refuse. Extra refuse material above the
level top or next to the drop box. Please make sure nothing exceeds the rim
and nothing is placed near the drop box.
• Extra charges are charged on overweight drop boxes. Due to a high
volume of overweight tickets from the Department of Transportation and Washington
State Patrol, we have filed with the Washington Utilities and Transportation
Commission (WUTC) for a rate to help stop the hauling of overweight containers
loaded by customers. Our goal is not to receive the surcharge but to operate
the trucks at legal weights on county and state roads. The maximum tariff weights
that we can haul are 23,000 pounds (11.5 tons) for drop boxes. Any weights
in excess of these will be charged $0.10 per pound for overweight tonage. If
a drop box is too heavy the driver will leave the container and the customer
will have to off-load the excess.